1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

And Hillary conceded on, like, Election Night.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rosenberg enjoyed writing this paragraph ...

The negotiations in Europe last year were described by American and European intelligence officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a clandestine operation, and the Russian. The United States officials worked through an intermediary — an American businessman based in Germany — to preserve deniability. There were meetings in provincial German towns where John le Carré set his early spy novels, and data handoffs in five-star Berlin hotels. American intelligence agencies spent months tracking the Russian’s flights to Berlin, his rendezvous with a mistress in Vienna and his trips home to St. Petersburg, the officials said.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

Yes. I recall. She spoke beautifully.

Conceding does not mean that she, not her supporters, view the election as legitimate, as the last 15 months has shown.

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

Liberal butthurt ≠ Constitutional crisis.

6. YankeeFan

Exactly.

So, why would Trump butthurt = a Constitutional crisis?

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Because “Trump butthurt = a Constitutional crisis”

8. MisterCreosote

Because he’s a petulant fucking toddler who cares only about using the reins of power for self glorification.

Look at the tantrum he threw when he WON.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Time will tell if it happens. I’ve been convinced Trump is more concerned about his Russian mob ties than election meddling. “Russian collusion” is likely to be run-of-the-mill financial crimes involving oligarchs.

10. YankeeFan

But, what would he do to create a constitutional crisis?

Unless the military backs him -- which is inconceivable -- and a new administration is literally prevented from taking office, I don't see the cause for concern.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As you've been told a thousand times now, we don't have the evidence or the testimony. Mueller's group doesn't leak much at all, so all any of us have are puzzle pieces to rearrange and stare at and odd bits and pieces which come out over time. This is not the same as "No Collusion! No Collusion!".

I'm sure you're interested in finding out what the charges are. I'm also sure that the majority of us are much more eager to see what Mueller's got.

Be patient. When the indictments (or at least the first round of them) drop, all of our curiosity will be satisfied.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. YankeeFan

The concern does remind me of a line used during Rudy Giuliani's divorce.

Giuliani had moved out of Gracie Mansion, the Mayor's official residence (and in with his openly gay friend), but his wife was still living there.

The claim was that she really loved being first lady, the trappings that came with it, and getting to live in Gracie Mansion.

And so, his lawyer said this about her:

''The leitmotif here is Donna Hanover -- that isn't even her maiden name, by the way, that's the name of her former husband -- will have to be dragged from the chain of the chandeliers in Gracie Mansion by the next mayor, whoever that will be,'' Mr. Felder said in court.

Judge Reluctantly Rescinds Order of Silence in Giuliani Divorce Case

You can almost imagine Trump, clinging to the White House chandeliers as he's dragged out, can't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.