1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yes. Why would any news organization ever cover the new atomic hermit kingdom when they finally pull back the veil?

Probably should have just boycotted the event.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

056268A8-8115-464C-A282-BF89236CBDFC.jpeg
    Pull back the veil? YGBFKM.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

If this is the kind of “coverage” we can expect, we’d be better served if the media boycotted the games.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Any media outlet covering these Olympics has to write something about North Korea's presence there. Has to. It's a big story. Now the big question, namely, how come they're there, is not one I think sportswriters are liable to find an answer to. I am not sure our government has an answer it's confident of. But to ignore North Korea at the Olympics because it is a despicable regime is to ignore reality readers should know about.
    PS: At Barcelona in 1992, I covered Iraq's presence at the Games. The cartoon model of a secret policeman doubling as a boxing coach was pretty amazing. But it was a fact Iraq was there and I thought Americans should know about it.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Because no one covered that story.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, are the American media in South Korea so fucking stupid that it’s either ignore North Korea or write PR for a murderous dictator? It doesn’t take that much talent and/or brains to write with a modest amount of perspective.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

A28C5B8D-7D56-46D0-9A97-9A1F5717E161.jpeg
    Just a reminder.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Your spank bank picture

4FC97BD2-96A0-4F5C-A613-EBA1E46904EC.jpeg

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The only really dumb story I saw was from CNN. That they would do something shallow isn't exactly a shocker. We are not the target of this move by North Korea, South Korea is. Were I there, I'd look to see what the host country's reaction is as best I could.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Thank goodness Mr. Pence brought his father along so we wouldn't forget.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.