1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Joy Reid is a fool.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No way. She's the heroine of the resistance.

QYFW likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Now do Hannity.

5. Slacker

Wrong. Standard ad hominem attack response.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Good comparison.

Not sure he’d get the same treatment from the times, but they are similar in the way they give credence to the conspiracy theory of the day.

I guess my question is whether Reid is respected by the mainstream left, or do they consider her a joke?

Hannity is regularly — and almost singularly — mocked by journalist who are on the right. I just don’t see the same with regards to Reid.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Slacker

I don't watch MSNBC, but I can understand why the Trumpies are intimidated by Reid.

In what turned into a rowdy panel session made up of three female conservatives discussing sexual abuse at the White House, MSNBC host Joy Reid stumped one defender of Donald Trump by asking her to name one time the president stood up for a woman accusing a Republican of sexual assault or abuse. ...

“Well, when has he ever stood up for women against an abusive man?” Reid persisted. “Can you name any instance when he stood up to a Republican man accused of abusing women, just one?”

“I don’t talk to him on a regular basis,” Tarkanian replied with a nervous laugh but was unable to provide a name.

“This is the problem,” conservative columnist Jennifer Rubin blurted. “You have women like Amy go on television and defend the president. And he seizes upon this and his supporters seize upon this and the pattern repeats itself because they get away with it. As long as you have Republican women like Amy, like Concerned Women for America, who want something out of this president whether it’s judges or whether it’s discrimination against gays, whatever it is that they want — they make excuses for him and they have to stop it.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/ms...-asks-name-instance-trump-stood-abused-women/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

More like the heroin.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

She’s quite stupid. More in common with her enemies than she thinks.

11. Slacker

Standard ad hominem attack response.

TigerVols and BadgerBeer like this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The last part is correct. Hannity is a right-wing hero to the echo chamber. To the average conservative journalist he’s a joke. It’s an apples to Molotov cocktails comparison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.