1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If the NKs invade SK, there will be hundreds of thousands of casualties, if not millions. They have a ridiculous amount of pre-targeted artillery in stout bunkers.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

But what about the awesome cheerleaders?

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I found this article to be pretty convincing:
    Here’s what war with North Korea would look like

They still aren't *that* close to actually deploying a missile that could deliver and detonate a nuclear missile on U.S. soil. Closer than we'd like, but still years away. Just because you have a missile and you have a nuke doesn't mean you can just duct-tape it on and assume it will work.

But if the U.S. is going to invade them militarily, they have to assume that they will not survive the conflict in power. At that point, mutually assured destruction has already been triggered. They have nothing left to lose.

People forget that the Gulf War was not supposed to be as trivial as it was. The Iraqi army was large, fairly modern and had entrenched defensive positions. Their big mistake? Letting the U.S. amass it's forces unmolested in Saudi Arabia, waiting for the first punch.

Deploying into the Korean peninsula will be a huge logistical pain that will involve lots of ships in South Korean harbors. Those harbor cities will make an incredibly inviting target for a nuclear strike that would cripple the U.S.'s ability build up it's forces before the attack even gets started. From North Korea's POV, this may be perfectly rational be cause 1) There's at least a chance that fear of Chinese retaliation might prevent the U.S. from detonating even more nukes so close to China and 2) They are not coming out of this war with their power intact if they lose, and they won't get another chance to use them because the U.S. will target the nuclear sites first, so it's "use it or lose it" time.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump is walking through their dressing room to demoralize them.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Sean Hannity said this:

Hannity rarely grants interviews to mainstream reporters,
    whom he calls “disgustingly biased, ideological and corrupt.”

Sean Hannity said that.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'd like to add to my list of people I'd like to physically assault the people who say "He had all this time to become a citizen so I don't feel bad for him."
    If you're one of those people, congratulations. You've just joined "I'm not paying for somebody else's health care." and "It's the protesters' fault if they were run over. They shouldn't have been in the middle of the street."

heyabbott likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He also said "Halloween is a liberal holiday because we're teaching our children to beg for something for free. … We're teaching kids to knock on other people's doors and ask for a handout."

And this about Barack Obama: "You want to go to Kenya? I’ll pay for you to go to Kenya. Jakarta, where you went to school back in the day, you can go back there. Anywhere you want to go. I’ll put the finest food ― caviar, champagne, you name it. I have one stipulation: You can’t come back.”

9. heyabbott

in a country of 300 million getting an audience in prime time of 13 million shouldn’t be seen as anything more than narrowcasting on a large stage.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He has way too much influence in this society.

lakefront likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No, he doesn't.*

*Please don't physically assault me for pointing out reality.

BTExpress and YankeeFan like this.
  12. heyabbott

Hannity has no influence except with POTUS, trump behaves as if hannity’s on air persona is the ultimate focus group. If trump satisfies Hannity, trump thinks he is popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.