1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Hillary was put through all sorts of hell because she had an e-mail server which might have exposed some classified materials, because that was reckless behavior.

Trump/Priebus/Kelly knowingly kept a man who had failed his security clearance at what is the most sensitive desk in the White House short of Trump's own. Porter handled the documents going to the National Security Advisor, his replies, and documents going to the president. The idea that the person in that slot had failed a security clearance should have everyone's hair on fire. Now throw in that there are another thirty or so people in the White House who also are not cleared. What the fuck, guys?

"Her emails" is a pimple compared to a huge honking boil by comparison.

Slacker, RickStain and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /waiting for Light Black Panther

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Perhaps ... perhaps ... the FBI is not responsible for prevention?

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Depends how you define the "intrusion," I suppose.

Organization, Mission and Functions Manual: Federal Bureau of Investigation | DOJ | Department of Justice

The FBI's major priorities are to:
    • Protect the United States from terrorist attack;
    • Protect the United States against foreign intelligence operations and espionage;
    • Protect the United States against cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes;
    • Combat public corruption at all levels;
    • Protect civil rights;
    • Combat transnational and national criminal organizations and enterprises;
    • Combat major white-collar crime;
    • Combat significant violent crime;
    • Support federal, state, county, municipal, and international partners; and to
    • Upgrade technology to successfully perform the FBI's mission.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Pretty good.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

SHS opens the newser in deflect mode ... not that it's any different this time.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes, domestic counterespionage is 100% their jurisdiction

heyabbott likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The third one, I think, speaks most closely to what I was getting at. I suppose there might be FBI types who, the intelligence having been gathered, act on the intelligence to prevent the attacks (I don't know ... they hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete with their FBI secret handshake thingy). My "perhaps" had to do with a setup in which the FBI provides the intelligence that is used by some other agency to actually thwart the attack.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yep! You got it!

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think the FBI has its own counterintelligence arm, and shares another with CIA through the National Counterterrorism Center, but there are a dozen plausible agencies to work through in response to any state or nonstate electronic "intrusion." I also assume there are ten black agencies we've never heard of doing our electronic blocking and tackling and counterhacking, etc.

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

LOL other than the whole writing the response part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.