1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's a gift. I can also play the guitar.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Tribe is a bright guy, but I'm not necessarily buying what he's selling. That said, Trump halfheartedly admits that something may have happened, but then immediately contradicts himself. I've seen no leadership out of him, no "We will not tolerate that outrage", no "We will investigate and find and punish the parties responsible" which in any other President would have been an automatic. Certainly there has been no "Our Democratic values have been assaulted in the most fundamental way possible, and I call on the Congress to devise a program to protect the election system at all levels. Confidence in the fairness of our elections is a bedrock of our system, and so I call for the development of voting machines which are as secure as can be devised, to include a paper audit trail so that electronic changes can not be made without leaving tracks."

Something of that kind. I'm flabbergasted that Congress has not seized on this in the most bipartisan way possible, it would seem to be politics 101, both on substance and appearances.

The Republicans are so deep in Trump's pocket that they are refusing to defend our elections because he might be offended, and I find that incomprehensible.

3. Neutral Corner

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

We lived next door to a retired agent for a few years. Guy in his late 70s. Widower. Tough as a cob, and wouldn't take help, but very polite.

I very much wanted to, but never found the right moment to ask about Clyde Tolson.

Tolson / Hoover has to be one of the most interesting stories of the American century.

5. Neutral Corner

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Closest thing to an American dictatorship.

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

Mooch rolls Kelly under the bus.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yes, I get bent out of shape over Russia attacking our elections. No question about it, I'm guilty as charged. I just wish there was some evidence supporting every one of your additional claims, excuse me, "assumptions," as at the moment there appears to be none.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That, or Ryan, Nunes and who knows who else from the GOP leadership are knee-deep in the collusion.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Can't find what you're not looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.