1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Trump — “I don’t really know who Michael Cohen is, but I wish him well”.

lakefront and CD Boogie like this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Good Magnitsky/Trump explainer in the current New York Review of Books. I'll post a link once it's out from behind the paywall.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The president of the United States called neo-Nazis "very fine people." Those who support him are complicit by association.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

So? That is not the point. If Kaepernick kneeling is so brave, then why isn't Pence sitting? You cannot have it both ways.

If you are going to conflate the two (and again, kneeling for the flag and sitting for another countries team are two separate things, but let's assume arguendo they are equal), then why aren't you treating the two the same? Kaepernick kept kneeling to keep the controversy going, Pence left the Colts game, yet you are treating them differently.

Liberals see Kaepernick as a hero, Liberals see Pence as someone who did not do a ‘gentleman's move’. Because a ‘gentleman’ kneels for the flag of his own country?

I'm sorry, but your "logic" makes no sense, no matter how hard you keep trying to justify it.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, it's your logic that is flawed. Pence made a big fuss about people failing to stand for the national anthem, then he did something similar. His actions were hypocritical.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You're BOTH hypocritical. All you did was switch viewing angles.

Pence: Didn't like someone kneeling for an anthem, then sat for an anthem.
    You: Cheered someone who kneeled for an anthem, then criticized someone who sat for an anthem.

The only way you can escape the paradox is by admitting, "I guess Pence comes off looking like a hypocrite here, BUT I APPLAUD HIM FOR COMING TO THE UNDERSTANDING THAT IN EACH PERSON'S MIND, THERE CAN BE A PLACE TO NOT STAND FOR THE ANTHEM."

CD Boogie likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shooting outside the NSA headquarters. Countdown until Alex Jones declares it a false flag is on.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Mueller needs to deliver. He really, really needs to deliver.

If he doesn’t, all these rabbit hole reporting cases are going to look like FNC’s coverage of all the WMDs soldiers were about to find in Iraq.

And that includes Stormy Daniels stuff. People don’t have as much ethical interest in this as the media thinks. They’ll read it and find it sleazy and salacious and funny, but, again, it’s
    not collusion with Russia.

The liberal part of the media needs a win on this stuff. The liberal part of the media hasn’t battled a President this hard in a long time.

Mueller needs to deliver.

HanSenSE and CD Boogie like this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

But this can be said a dozen times a day about a dozen different Trump scandals; the GOP has no interest in governing nor in ethics. They simply want to line their pockets and cover their asses.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.