1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Consensus has *already been achieved*. Despite what Fox News will tell you, there are a number of potential gun control laws that enjoy broad support from the public.

But just like with the tax cuts for the wealthy, GOP congressmen know that as long as they abortionjack every discussion and investigate Hillary Clinton six more times, they can do whatever their wealthy donors tell them to do without having to respond to the public.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Jesus only needed 40 days and 40 nights. How much time does Ryan need?

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The same NRA which spent eight years claiming Obama was going to take away their guns?

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

So gun-control advocates are supposed to argue against a mass delusion? Against a fiction? A series of fictions?

I'm sorry about the culture moving left and leaving white straight rural male America behind, with nothing to cling to but its mythology, but in what other area is it incumbent on rational people to argue facts against irrationally held beliefs?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Baseball.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Agreed. Wipe them. Start with the cops, who sure as hell don’t need them.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There have been incidents where the cops have been outgunned. I can remember an LA bank robbery where the robbers had more firepower than the cops, and were in body armor.

There have been other incidents where the cops literally went to the store to get better guns.

The Charlie Hebdo killers had more firepower than the Paris cops as well.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Wait 10-15 years and you’ll have it your way. Until then, the argument is what it is.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I do not require my cops to have equal firepower to criminals, but I can understand how few people would agree with that.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    It was just a movie, man.

Hermes and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm not sure any police department anywhere has been under-gunned since 9/11 set loose the torrents of federal money they've received for "preparedness."

missouri-master1050.jpg

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.