1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No hassle at all, if I felt that way I would have replied IN ALL CAPS AND INCLUDED A FEW CHOICE WORDS DAMN IT

I'm not a fan of the other type of thread turning political. We've had shit like that happen under several different presidents, from both sides. People are getting shot and we're getting LIBERALS SUCK and CONSERVATIVES ARE ASSHOLES and it drives me up a wall. But I also understand it is always going to head down that path. Always.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

On the other hand, there's tons of evidence that fewer guns mean fewer gun crimes.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"American Exceptionalism" is the argument that got us here and keeps us here.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah, nothing like American exceptionalism. We've got it so much better than those back-ass Australians.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

How about we focus on the guy doing the harm? That’s fucking rich. For every person who blames the shooter, 99 ignore him altogether to blame the NRA or GOP or ANYONE but the person who pulled the trigger.

There is not mandatory security at every school. If you don’t like the idea of providing more children additional security, say that, you bandwagon-jumping dipshit.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You could put the word rights behind a great many behaviors and insist they're a beloved, ingrained, cherished value to justify them.

And we do.

That doesn't make it a great way to make policy.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

bandwagon? What bandwagon? And am I jumping on or off? Can you provide a Venn diagram?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Then why are we trying to stop North Korea from obtaining a nuclear weapon? Shouldn't we just talk to Kim Jong-Un instead?

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Gun violence is down significantly in the past 20 years.

I’m fine with certain gun restrictions, but screaming “NRA Eleventy!!!!!,” “Fuck your thoughts and prayers!” is counterproductive.

Not saying this applies to you. You have offered numerous ideas. You’re an outlier, though.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, except this one actually is a right. Legally.

That's why I am a strong proponent of repealing the Second Amendment.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Are we blaming the EU for North Korea’s pursuit of a nuclear weapon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.