1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Pretty low. Neither side wants to take the risk.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've said it a hundred times - a 12 gauge pump shotgun is the ideal home defender. It can splatter an intruder at household range, it is unlikely to penetrate the wall and hurt a family member on the other side, and it has an ideal psychological component - when you rack the slide and chamber a round, it makes a very distinctive sound. Damn few home invaders who hear that are doing anything but hitting the closest exit, fast.

Slacker and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Screaming about abortion on a school shooting thread wasn't counterproductive?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

How much would you sell it to the government for?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Good idea. Too bad that Trump repealed regulations making it more difficult for those with mental health issues to buy guns, huh?

HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Among the points that YankeeFan is ducking all through this discussion.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think we have a better chance that technology eventually solves a good number of the gun issues than Congress or the courts.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I’ve said it repeatedly. Amend the constitution so that only handguns and shotgun are allowed. Explain why you would have problem with that. It won’t bother me.

11. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

A fetus will become a baby, the sperm won't. That false equivalency aside, don't you think that this mentality is the reason Democrats can't win elections? Hillary might have been a flawed candidate, but if liberal purists could have held their nose and voted for her then we wouldn't have to worry about the clown who won. Among the other negative ramifications, Trump's election is a monument to the arrogant, armchair activist wing of liberalism. I would like to say that I don't assume that about you specifically. But I do wonder how many of my vocal liberal contacts on Facebook, Twitter, and the like actually bothered to vote last time around.

I'm with you in that I think a liberal ideology, by and large, represents the majority will of our country. Yet a lot of this 49% you speak of that we need can't even be bothered to show up for a presidential election, much less the midterms and locals that help shape how our country operates. I think there's a middle ground between selling out your beliefs and telling anyone who doesn't fall in line 100% to fuck off.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I suppose Neutral is ignoring me, but would someone point out to this Twitter jockey that the repeal was supported by the ACLU. It’s amazing how fucking ignorant people can be in the Information Age.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.