1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

No, it’s helpful to be reminded that willful ignoramuses are at loose in the wild.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Must not be. Our Vice President recently assured us that US Intelligence had found no evidence that the Russians did any such thing.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don’t own a gun. Only shot a gun once. It appears I don’t need a gun for protection. But I’d be quite the self-serving asshole to shape my political arguments around the idea that everything should be restricted to the level of my needs (or lack thereof).

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At what point in the gun safety debate (and that's what folks on the left should call it not "gun control") am I not thinking of somebody other than myself?

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It’s ignoramii.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You’d know.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

More interesting to me in the indictment are not the things the defendants did to support Trump, but their strategies to enrage the Trump base and split up the Democrats.

They funded Muslims for Hillary rallies and a Charlotte Against Trump rally. They put favorable things about Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders out there. They tried to convince African-Americans not that Trump was on their side, but that both Trump and Hillary were equal devils and that voting for either was against their self-interest.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Another point that I have made before, repeatedly - during the 1920's, fully automatic Thompson Submachine Guns and Browning Automatic Rifles, as were carried by our military in both WWI and WWII, were favorite weapons of bank robbers and gangsters. They were made illegal to own by any but highly licensed collectors, and the nation survived without being taken over by a dictatorship.

We could do the same with the various M4 clones, although to be effective it would require something on the order of our previous Assault Weapons Ban. There are far too many guns of similar capacity and effectiveness for just taking the main line out to prevent anything.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

We tried the nice way for 20 years, and all we got in response was that the Tree of Liberty needed watering with blood every so often.

10. Neutral Corner

They also did things like using astroturf groups of their own manufacture to call for BLM demonstrations and White Nationalist rallies at the same place and time, again to sew chaos and cause trouble.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.