1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Because you set a line. I'd like the line to move from automatic weapons to semiautomatic weapons, which is what these guys have been using pretty steadily to commit these atrocities. These weapons, as well as large magazines, enable mass murder. I really don't mind people having guns. I mind people using a kind of gun, over and over, to kill large amounts of people.

melock and lakefront like this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Who cares? The guy is enough of a buffoon that this stuff just detracts from his transgressions that matter.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    SnarkShark likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not just cable news, but this is pretty spot-on. It’s not really about the Russians. They just happen to be the ones most visibly taking advantage of our divisions. Hell, just look at the gun debate. People just want to do “something,” unless that something is proposed by the political opposition. We’v been making it pretty easy for the Russians or anyone. Not much of a push is needed to “create” discord.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I appreciate the non-knee-jerk responses.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

лучшие люди

Slacker likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah, the GOP doesn't want tougher guns laws only bc it's been proposed by the Democrats:rolleyes:

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Russians are like the aliens from my favorite Twilight Zone episode "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street." Instead of sabotaging the electrical grid, it was social media.

lakefront likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The “do something” crowd doesn’t like extra security at schools. Why is that?

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

It was a striking picture. More so that it was 2020.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

That's not true.

But it's only one part of a solution.

And again, there was an armed guard at the school.

What are we talking about? Metal detectors? Gates? More guards?

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah extra security is gonna stop shootings like we saw in Las Vegas and Aurora, Colorado. You just refuse to address the central issue.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What they don't like is having it presented as the only solution. By all means, fund more security for schools. Of course, we've got funding issues as it is, so nobody on the more security side wants to tell us where that money is coming from. More importantly, it shouldn't be the only solution. Add security at schools AND deal with the mental health issues AND pass better gun safety/control legislation.

Edit: Azreael and Boogie already pointed out the primary issues with your statement.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.