1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

As I posted earlier, I also think it's because we've known for 30 years that Trump is a serial adulterer. Even if he were essentially leading a repeat of H.W.'s Republican administration, these affairs would hardly register.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And how will that be paid for? Trump wants to kill federal education spending.
    An accounting trick could be turned, but there's little reason to believe republicans will even do that. They know gun violence--particularly mass shootings at schools -- is great for the gun industry. And therefore their beloved NRA.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of the practice. I'm not in favor of keeping a "list" - I do wish we had a "threat matrix" that would pop when someone makes a high powered gun purchase, a large quantity of ammo, and posts threatening images/quotes on social media and has a documented trail of behavioral issues. And I'd put the emphasis on the behavioral issues and use the other things as contributing factors.
    I don't want someone who writes "fiction" about molesting kids anywhere near a school. I don't want someone who makes threatening posts on social media owning a high powered gun.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Can you believe that some Trumpists around here refuse to admit that Mueller has told the world today that Russia acted to help Trump during the campaign?

I'm shocked they won't admit they've spent the past year spouting nonsense and won't admit to their failings. Absolutely shocked.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Imagine if opponents of guns painted pro-NRA politicians with the same brush as the NRA does with anti-NRA pols, showing Rubio, Trump, McConnell putting the gun in the hands of terrorists, angry white kids, disillusioned middle aged men, showing actual footage instead of the fake scenarios the NRA uses.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Does Any of find it odd Congress will rush through repeal and replace (then head to a beer bash on the South Lawn), tax reform and DACA, but needs more time and thoughts and prayers on the shooting epidemic? Is there a magic number of dead before they'll admit something needs to be done?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Same shit we did to them in 1996.

Karma's a bitch.

All we need is for America to default on its debt in the near future, and the circle will be complete.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I don't care who the president fucks. Period.

JC likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, if I knew someone the President was fucking on the side, I'd be worried for them, but that's it. Any President, BTW.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I think you've forfeited the privilege of using "we."

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The American people, the concept of democracy, our country's long-term financial health, and the environment. Daily.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.