1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

But then Democrats would think nothing of killing 1 million students a year.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Ha! That's funny! Thank you!

Not to change the subject, but do you have any thoughts on Russia's having influenced the election in support of the Republican candidate?

melock likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I think the administration in charge when the efforts began should have done something about it. Especially since they knew.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Has this been posted?

5. TigerVols

ON that we can agree.

So, what about now? You think the current Administration should do anything about it?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Should have been. It makes a mockery out of "if you see something, say something." It's more like "if you see something, we'll Chief Quimby it."

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Of course. Not sure they’re capable, though. Hopefully the intelligence agencies are smarter than they were when Comey was in charge.

8. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Help me out here – which laws were broken? Is the "dirt" here that the President of the U.S. encouraged the IMF to give Russia – Russia the country, not Yeltsin personally – a "sweetheart" loan? That was completely public? That needed to be paid back?

Any wire fraud? Bank fraud? Charges of conspiracy to defraud Russia? (All charged today, btw.) Illegal computer hacking?

No doubt, the U.S. has stuck its nose in many places in many countries over the years. But it's silly to compare U.S. "interference" in the Russian election of 1996 to Russian interference in the U.S. election of 2016.

Spaseeba for reading.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I wonder if they had any complaints about other kids? My one issue with the see it/say it idea is that we probably have thousands a d thousands (?) of people who raise suspicion, for lots of good reasons, but how many actually do something. How can we keep up with all of those people? Someone said on tv, if you check out that person then what? Do you follow them? How many will we be following? What is to say they don"t eventually do something after they have been checked out? So many things to think about in trying to "profile" these people.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

11. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

If the allegations are true, then I want to see people go down for this, including Trump. In addition, I want to see Hillary, Obama, and others go down for violating the 4th Amendment. It’s time to clean out all of Washington, Republicanss and Democrats.

12. TigerVols

So, that means you believe the Administration IS doing something about it? Well, besides the punish-Russia-by-signing-the-sanctions-bill part, of course.

melock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.