1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I've long since stopped trying to argue "equivalencies" among things that people continue to insist "are not the same!!!!" Because nothing is ever the same.

My only point was that when a country incessantly fucks with another --- be it elections or any one of a thousand other things, as we did in Russia in the 1990s when it was weak and helpless --- at some point that other country just might decide to hit back. Our country has a weak spot --- we're politically divided and horribly susceptible to the kind of disinformation campaign we've seen. It's up to us to somehow patch these divisions. But I just don't see how. We really do believe the other side is the devil. So of course we're going to fall for any information that confirms this belief.

QYFW likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You had your chance when you voted in November 2016. Where is your sky god now?

DanielSimpsonDay and Slacker like this.
  3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I agree with this 100% but what would the reaction from the right have been? Can you honestly tell us that you and the others here would have been on board at the time? To be clear, the right's anticipated response should not have played a role in Obama's decision. Just asking.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

When did these affairs happen? Year is good enough, thanks.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In light of the indictments, has Trump instituted those sanctions Congress overwhelmingly passed months ago?

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The year his youngest son was born.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

also irrelevant. He’s a god fearing family man.

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

He has informal pressers all the time, after all the bullshit he does, pretty consistently. He answers a ton of questions.

Because it isn't called a "press conference" I should be bothered by it?

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

No

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.