1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The DOJ said no Americans wittingly assisted in THIS operation. We have the DNC email hack still to go, plus who knows that else (besides Mueller and his people).

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I think “in this indictment” is a key phrase.

Rosenstein: "No Allegation in This Indictment That Any American Had Any Knowledge" Of Russian Election Influence Operation

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Trump to schoolchildren: “You know what you signed up for.”

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I’ve responded to this a couple times. I don’t doubt your sincerity in wanting to do something. But I think that something doesn’t include anything potentially positive or helpful that won’t serve your get-rid-of-all-guns fetish. Sincere, but selfish.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Trumpists are hanging their shrinking hopes on a very narrow definition of "collusion."

One that does not include money laundering or campaign finance violations or felony violations of agents acting on behalf of foreign governments rules, or simply being a useful idiot for the past couple decades on behalf of oligarchs and corporate crooks from all over the world.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

My guess is that this investigation will not end with any big-time convictions or anything along the lines of impeachment, primarily because I think Mueller is going to find that a lot of people in Washington are caught up in this. Ultimately, D.C. protects its own.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I don't have a get-rid-of-all-guns fetish. Nor do I think most reasonable people have one.

But I'd make it much, much harder to get a gun, especially a handgun.

I'd seek a ban on the combat-caliber stuff, as stated, because it serves no possible civilian purpose.

And I think you have to explore ways - like buybacks - to get rid of some the guns already in circulation.

I'm not in favor of mass confiscation, because it would never work.

But fewer guns means less gun crime.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I would be fine with more restrictions on the high-powered weapons.

I think the mental illness aspect is important, too, but that is frought with concerns of discrimination and due process.

Additional security is something that could be done relatively quickly and cheaply.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

And I'm still not convinced of the necessity of some sort of political horse-trading here.

As I've said, it's a public health crisis. I'm not sure why I have to trade anything to treat the spread of a disease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.