1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No home build permits in January in our town.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 1.24.51 PM.png

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What’s your explanation for the pro-Russia plank?
    What’s your explanation for Trump wrongly taking Putin’s word over that of the American intelligence agencies?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're talking about closing the barn door after the horses have gotten out.

This guy bought his gun a year ago. Adam Lanza used his mom's guns.

The next school shooter likely already has a gun, or access to one. So, maybe we should try to identify him, or at least follow up on specific, credible threats called into the FBI.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It means I don’t know why liberals are so opposed to providing extra security at schools.

Narrator: He knows why.

5. YankeeFan

Manfort was a lobbyist, in it for the money. It's really that simple.

6. YankeeFan

I mean, for these gigantic schools, you would be talking about a huge undertaking.

You'd also have to deal with arrival and dismissal, where kids would be vulnerable, and as we've seen with things like airport security, if you move the security perimeter out, you just change where a terror attack can happen.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Body armour would help as well.

What a sad state of affairs that kids have to go school as if they’re entering a prison.

Sad thing is, you’re right. Nothing is going to change. Kids need to be protected.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Take away science and math, fake subjects, and just teach them to be coal miners and landscapers. Then you’ll have the money to pay for each teacher to have a glock .40 and training.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

And I understand that. I want my children to feel safe AND free at school. I’ve said I don’t think we should make schools into prisons, but we protect adults and all the inanimate objects we love with varying degrees of security, so why not kids? I don’t think a middle ground should be dismissed so easily if your goal is protection.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm not opposed to it. I'm also not opposed to mocking the intelligence of people who think it will make a dent in the problem. Schools have good security now. The school in question had an armed guard and locked points of entry.

It's Good Guy With A Gun delusional bullshit hoping to deflect away from the real problem.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

What guns do you own, YF? Just curious.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Versus people who are desperate to punish law-abiding citizens so they can jerk off to a “gun-free” America.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.