1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

PM me if you can put more than a dozen words together at one sitting.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't buy the idea that the Russians have something on President Trump that would keep him in check. His base will stick with him regardless. Which is why I don't understand what is the motivation for not taking a hard line with the Russian thing. Being aggressive with Russian sanctions would help stabilize his standing. The Russians come out with dirt or info - "fake news" "just another attempt by Russia to undermine my Presidency and sow discord" and this this thing is over.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    garrow likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Or, “I’d like to work with Russia to build hot dog stands on the moon.” should work too.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s criticizedand insulted Canada, France, Germany, Britain and Japan. But not Russia. He’s being blackmailed or is the single dumbest son of a bitch in American history.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Or both.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

One of the editors of FiveThirtyEight, Micah Cohen, made a good point on their latest podcast: the more Russian interference becomes an accepted fact by voters and taken seriously the more weight they would give to an obstruction of justice charge.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Except most people aren't blaming the result on the Russians, at least not entirely. That isn't the point.

The point is they interfered in the election, whether that alone changed the result or not. They attacked our political process, and one of the candidates and/or his people may have helped or promised them concessions in exchange for their aid.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

FWIW, there’s a run on ARs happening. Big box outdoors store here has sold more than 30 since Parkland. Cousin has sold 14 out of his small gun shop.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Democratic primarily is going to be something.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A domestic terrorist Trained by both the NRA and a White Supremist Group, are we sure Steve Bannon or Sean Hannity arent co-defendants?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.