1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I think the theory some have is that she was paid with inaugural funds and paid 25 back to trump who used it to pay his lawsuit loss. (now I really know what the conspiracy theorists feel and think like!)

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Absolutely. The number of people who thought they could free ride off of Trump’s destructiveness extended into Clinton’s campaign, and every one of them was foolish in the extreme.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Link?

EDIT: Nevermind [/emilylitella] Looks like the rest of the board filled in.

Why should he hold a formal newser? A tweet is just like a proclamation from Olympus. It is what it is and there's no ability to question it in real time, or for his lackeys to chime in later with "what he really meant to say was ..." or, in the words of SHYFS, "I haven't asked him about this, I'll get back to you."

It's part of the job, just like crunching eight pages of JV swimming agate before going to covver regional basketball. If you're gonna be front and center for a military parade honoring your tiny hands, be there when CNN, AP and the networks come a'knocking.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

TINMHITTMAL

/what a high bar for thoughtfulness might look like

6. HanSenSE

If Palin can see Russia from her back yard, why did she not warn us about this?

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Three words short. Almost there.

8. HanSenSE

Word is he's going to be holding a "listening session" with students and teachers this week. But who's invited? My bet is none of the students who have ripped him a new one the last few days will be invited. Instead, we'll get the junior version of the bootlicky people he surrounds himself with, and then he'll proclaim "I have heard the voices of the students."

He's been invited to a town hall hosted by Jake Tapper Wednesday night. I believe both Fla. senators and the governor will be there. I don't think Trump will be there in person - but he surely will hate-tweet it.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I remember those drills. And as a parent, I’d rather that (and fire and tornado) drills were the only ones needed in our schools.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Little did we know that we were actually preparing for the RETALIATORY strike after Curtis LeMay and/or Thomas Power strong-armed us into launching ours first.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So folks, you're students right? I used to be a student. Terrific student. Education runs in my family. Did you know that? You knew that of course. My uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the space deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (space is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.