1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I just love this use of words.

Russia is in Syria AT THE INVITATION of the Syrian government.

Anybody else in Syria is illegally invading the place.

So if this is the end of the first quarter, the final whistle will be blown sometime in August 2020.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You know the first thing I'm gonna ask: Aren't those movies released in every other peer country too?

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think you are continuing to prove my point. The first special prosecutor was Robert Fiske, who was replaced after six months. He had already cleared the CLintons of exercising improper influence in connection with the property on the White River. He did think he had discovered other crimes but did not have enough on the Clinton's.

First Whitewater prosecutor says 'serious crimes' were uncovered in probe

Starr went after anyone who had ever worked on Whitewater for anything they ever did, including the appraiser and the real estate salesman, in order to try to turn witnesses. Most of the indictments were for a project called Castle Grande, which the Clinton's had nothing to do with.

The difference is that you are defining Whitewater very broadly to include anyone dragged into the scandal for crimes other than those associated with a very small real estate project the Clinton's invested in. I am defining Whitewater according to the original charges against Clinton.

So if we use the same definition you use and categorize the investigation broadly it will not be meaningless. A former head of the Trump NSC has already plead guilty and a former campaign manager has been indicted. I think the head of the NSC is worth at least one appraiser and one real estate salesman.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Indeed. They don't have access to guns in this country like we do. I'm definitely not seeking to sidestep the gun issue. I don't think AR-15s should be available for public sale. But given the availability of the AR-15, I wonder what has changed that these massacres seem to be becoming more frequent and deadly than in decades past.

(As you know, I put copycat syndrome near the top of the list.)

For the record, I also don't buy the notion that they would find a way, with or without guns. It's my hypothesis that a lot of these people are acting out a very specific fantasy that centers around killing with guns.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

But Flynn flipped!

Mueller had all the emails! Why, his folks interrogated witnesses who were stunned to learn that they had all of their emails.

He has the banking records.

And yet, no evidence of collusion.

Flynn only pleaded to a process crime -- which will likely get thrown out once the wrongdoing of the FBI and prosecutors is further exposed -- and had nothing to give Mueller on collusion.

7. YankeeFan

LOL. I knew you were going to call me on that.

Either way, they were working against our interests in Syria, and Obama did nothing about it, except to give them more room to operate.

8. YankeeFan

Russia and the Trump campaign colluded to target specific voters in specific states with ads!

Well...

About 25 percent of the ads were never seen by anyone, Facebook said. And of the total ads, "The vast majority…didn't specifically reference the U.S. presidential election, voting or a particular candidate."

Looking at key states, the total spent on ads targeting Wisconsin was $1,979, according to Senate Intelligence Committee chairman Richard Burr. Ad spending in Michigan was $823. In Pennsylvania, it was $300.

Byron York: A non-alarmist reading of the Mueller Russia indictment

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Byron York is the chief political correspondent for the Washington Examiner, a Fox News contributor and the author of The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy.

10. YankeeFan

LOL. Yeah, we should avoid the reporting of anyone with a political bias, when following this case.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No. Let’s just identify the author of newly mainstream opinion writers

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think he's being literal here -- he wants it to be Trump Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.