1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Was there some effort on my part to obscure who I was quoting? Do people who follow politics really not know who Byron York is? He's been at the Examiner for almost 10 years, and was at National Review for years before that.

And, he listed his source for what he reported.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

Bunch of bullshit, right? I mean, why should someone be informed on a subject, before they demand others submit to their demands?

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The lapse of the assault weapons ban is pretty stark here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-violence-experts-say/?utm_term=.a7401b74da4a

5. YankeeFan

Why is that a cop out?

Did you see his visit as political?

I think he realizes his support means more if it's not politicized.

Rizzo has a pretty good history of doing things for the right reasons.

[​IMG]

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I agree, and yet, this feels totally disingenuous from the pro-gun crowd. On the list of reasons why they don't want to engage on the issue, misleading liberal statistics has to be pretty low I would think. My FB feed has been bombarded with "there haven't been 18 school shootings this year" memes. I just think when the argument is that there have "only" been five legitimate shootings, we've got situation where gun advocates can't see the forest for the trees.

TowelWaver and Smallpotatoes like this.
  8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Did you check out the link I put up of the person who has done research on mass killings in the u.s.?

9. Dick Whitman

10. Dick Whitman

I may have missed it.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Step 1. Commit federal crime
    Step 2. Get caught
    Step 3. Plead guilty
    Step 4. Get advocates and surrogates to claim investigation leading to your plea was biased
    Step 5. Get those advocates and surrogates to argue for presidential pardons
    Step 6. Get pardon

Conservatives urge Trump to grant pardons in Russia probe

12. Dick Whitman

The NRA and gun manufacturers have done a tremendous job normalizing the AR-15, which is why a certain crowd now considers the legality of them to be the default. You would think we were discussing a ban on, I don't know, yoga pants.

It reminds me of the tactics my kid tries to use to milk something like more video game time out of us. We set a rule. Then he acts completely indignant when we enforce the rule, to the point that I wonder, "Wait a second, is he right? Am I the one being unreasonable here?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.