1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm agreeing with you.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It seems ironic to me that one would write a column about how the other side misleads, and then, within, make up a legal holding from whole cloth, no?

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Damn Infrastructure Week!!

4. YankeeFan

Would be preferable if he hadn't.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's about culture and fear (but I think the author is underplaying the importance of the money) ...

Why the NRA Always Wins

7. YankeeFan

Gallup's poll of "Adults" is useless, and only cited by those pushing a narrative.

He's over 40% or better in five of the six polls of likely or registered voters included in the Real Clear Politics average, and at 39% in the sixth.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Supreme Court Turns Away Challenge to Connecticut Ban on Semiautomatic Weapons

Thomas does think that's what the law is.

“Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles,” Justice Thomas wrote.

“The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting,” Justice Thomas added. “Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons.”

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That part in bold is a lie. We don't know that yet. We don't know everything Mueller has yet. Please, for once, stop lying.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You are the Ann Veal of the politics thread.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that's accurate either. Five million might have been sold, but given the number of multiple purchases there might be fewer than 3 million AR owners.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That first line sounds like something out of one of QYFW's posts.

Trailers are more violent. Trailers are a much bigger deal than they were 20 or 30 years ago, too. We now have teasers and commercials hyping the trailers. That's not all of the reason you are noticing more violence in the trailers, but it's part of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.