1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I just wanted to get a passive-aggressive dig in at having to move to this state while I'm not getting a glaring look from my wife.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Or the fancy plates of food?

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is overly simplistic and misleading. Not all mental illnesses are the same.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

For instance, your lastwordism is not the same affliction as ...

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

I happen to agree with you re: the oversimplification.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So Trump is said to have been consulting with advisers on guns, including Geraldo. So add funding for Al Capone's vault to the budget.

7. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I'm in Indiana too, I can vouch for this phenomenon.

8. heyabbott

Except if mental illness were a direct cause of mass shootings and mental illness was relatively occurring in men and women at anywhere near similar rates, then women would be more responsible for mass shootings.

However, given the shootings of groups of people, and targeting groups of people rather than trying to kill one or two and disregarding collateral victims (classic drive by shootings),you find that American males of European descent whose families were overwhelming of a Christian background are most often the shooters.

It’s also true that they make up almost an insignificant proportion of that population, except,when compared to almost any other American demographic group.

9. heyabbott

OJ is available for consults.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

S'okay. The paranoia that leads you to lump everyone who disagrees with you together as if they had some sort of hive mind is not the same as.....:D

Kidding aside, the use of misleading arguments from either side does nothing but make things worse.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They can play golf together.

12. heyabbott

I bet they both have killer slices

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.