1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I would rank Pizza Comet sex party posts fifth on the previously published "likely to garner Facebook likes from Indiana residents" rankings.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

I'm just having a little cognitive dissonance here.

Aren't you, like, the Meme King of SJ.com?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but telling voters how dumb they are is a sure fire winning strategy to win elections, so it's ok.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If Obama did even ONE thing to be tough on Russia - no matter how late or ineffectual - and Trump did NO things to be tough on Russia, Trump's tweet is still a lie.

5. YankeeFan

Has Trump done nothing to be tough on Russia?

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

C'mon.

His tweet claims he has been MUCH TOUGHER than Obama

Has he?

lakefront likes this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If a population is decimated by germs and you kill off most of the remaining 5%, you've still committed genocide.

8. RickStain

I strongly doubt we could do worse. Even if our leaders in charge of implementing it now are idiots and shitheels, then it's still better to have a document designed to address modern needs created by idiots and shitheels than to have the idiots and shitheels perform their idiocy and shitheelery in the confines of an outdated document designed to govern a loose confederation of east coast agrarians.

9. YankeeFan

gen·o·cide
    ˈjenəˌsīd/
    noun

1. the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.
    genocide - Google Search

10. Dick Whitman

Which is essentially what the Constitution was. They borrowed heavily from English common law, then applied it to then-modern circumstances.

People fetishize the document to a degree that flummoxes me. It was written at a time when the United States was largely confined to the Eastern Seaboard. There was no administrative state to speak of. We continue to argue with a straight face that our Atari 2600 is superior to a PlayStation 4.

11. RickStain

It didn't really strike me how funny this was until later. Because literally the entire reason for American independence was some special interests balked at taxes and wanted loopholes they couldn't get in the previous system.

12. RickStain

Exactly. Even if germs did most of the work before America was founded, there were still a large group of people left, and American leaders made it their mission to deliberately kill them.

“The immediate objectives are the total destruction and devastation of their settlements and the capture of as many prisoners of every age and sex as possible. It will be essential to ruin their crops in the ground and prevent their planting more," George Washington.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.