1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is this one of the Tweets I am supposed to take seriously or one of the hilarious ones where he's just joshing us?

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

So true.

.... but liberalism is for sure a mental disorder.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He also thought it possible the GDP could be a negative number and that the GDP was at a negative number during his campaign.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

NRA still has not tweeted since February 14. It is February 20.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Intolerable Acts were all about taxes, not about quartering soldiers, denying all aspects of home rule to the colony of Massachusetts, or for its officials to be tried in England (essentially, imprisonment), not Massachusetts. So were the closing of Boston Harbor, and the assaults of legally-assembled Massachusetts citizens at the Boston Massacre, Concord and Lexington. And the King's outright rejection of the Olive Branch Petition.

And I don't believe asking not to be taxed without any representation in the government issuing the taxes is quite the same as lobbying for a tax writeoff on your private school tuition bills.

But I guess there can only be one smartest guy in the room.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

By the way, has any team taken Palmeiro up on his comeback bid?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Russian curling team.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Response to the Obama quote that trump tweeted. I seem to remember this was the case. Of course trump would not have wanted to talk about foreign interference because, well you know. If anyone can find anything different, I welcome it.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

My goodness, some of you folks have the most bizarre Twitter feeds. No wonder you're fucked up :p

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You really do just transcribe the press releases on these things, don't you?

I urge you to read something on the Boston Massacre that isn't your 5th-grade history book and report back to me why that description is hilariously bad.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And they did so for far too long before the people who followed them finally fixing that through the system they created.

Again, I ask the question. Do you really think we could start over now and do better? I think you're kidding yourself if you believe that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.