1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

QYFW's take: Nobody else should propose doing the wrong thing, but it's okay if President Trump does it.

But he's not a Trump supporter. Honest. Really. Y'all believe him, right? :D

TigerVols and BadgerBeer like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Don't you know? The FBI is the leftist-Commie-Muslim Deep State. Whatever the Leader says and does is Truth and Right. Much of America has had a psychotic break, and any world leader who isn't talking with other world leaders about what to do about this problem is failing his or her country.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So the theory is that since the FBI "hates" Trump, this kid is using the shooting to attack Trump. Okay. Got it.
    I was listening to a RW talk show when the Nunes memo came out. The host said it proved the bias involved against Trump because so many of the people who had signed warrants had been fired by Trump. I don't know if he understood that the warrants were signed BEFORE the people were fired.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Let's say one of the kids' dads is a head of the local NRA chapter, and said kid is breaking ranks with the other kids and speaking out AGAINST gun control and saying that MORE guns in the classroom would have saved his friends.

Still gonna fire the reporter for finding this out?

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Pizza delivery guy doesn't count.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

We're not talking about that. It's a false equivalence. Tell me why the kid I'm talking about is fair game and why it matters what his father does or STFU. No deflection.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Only the best people.

8. Smallpotatoes

Why does it matter?

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Democratic candidate wins Kentucky state house rep special election by 37 points, in a district Trump won by 49 points.

Special elections are special, but D voters remain fired up as hell.

Double Down likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm just trying to find out whether you really give a shit about the kids, or just the kids who parrot your own agenda.

As far as I'm concerned, once someone CHOOSES to speak out in a public forum, that person can be praised by someone who agrees with them OR attacked by someone who doesn't. As long as the "attack" doesn't stray from the subject at hand.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. Smallpotatoes

I don't respond to whataboutism.

These kids went through a mass. shooting. I don't care if they smile. I don't care who their fathers are. Nobody gets to call them a liar or a crisis actor or anything like that.
    They are out of bounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.