1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. It is a terrible comparison made by an idiot desperate to justify his verbal attack on a bunch of teenage victims.

And the survivors are victims. They are a group of teenagers who just went through a horrifying event and they are dealing with it as best they can. Somebody tried to murder them in their school. At some point, if they haven't already, they have to return to that building knowing they aren't as safe as they thought.

The idiots ranting about these young people need to shut up. If they are too young to fully understand the situation, they are too young to be attacked that way. Just say you think they are too young to understand and move on. It's ignorant bullshit, but the guy is entitled to that opinion. But tearing into them? Sorry. No. That's not right.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I know it's impossible and impractical and possibly ill-advised for numerous other reasons, but I think there should be consequences for spreading false information. Like, here, if you say the victims of a shooting are crisis actors. That's reprehensible, and compounds the hurt of victims (the Sandy Hook parents haven't suffered enough?), and fosters a further coarsening of the discourse, as well as heightening the levels of wingnuttery that lead to things like mass shootings. It strikes me that you shouldn't be allowed to do that.

I know this asshole got fired for it, but the way the UK now has laws against online hate speech, I'm starting to feel like feeding conspiracy with provably false information should be a public offence.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

For a rebuttal of these kids, we go to Fox News for a panel featuring Scott Baio, Chuck Norris and a former ESPN employee most famous for a parking garage incident.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This may be the most Baby Boomer post of all time.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It reads like an Onion piece.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

John T. Reed's Facebook feed is now my No. 1 go-to comedy read.

One of my West Point roommates and I created what we called “The System.” It was a spectacularly successful way for guys at West Point, which had no girls then, and junior Army officers, who move around a lot, to meet attractive girls soon after arriving in a new area. I met my wife of 43 years through The System. It is described in detail in my Succeeding book.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Double Down and MisterCreosote like this.
  9. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

I swear to Christ I don't get what some of you people see in cats.

10. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

What about satire?

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This falls under the "ill-advised for numerous other reasons" clause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.