1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

https://news.google.com/news/video/Me6IrqW94Co/dohkb0asAGQ4LxMBUkIlUzqCPxJyM?hl=en&gl=US&ned=us

Here's Charlie Casparino talking to Caputo on Fox Business News. He says that that Nunberg, who worked for both Roger Stone and Trump, could possibly testify to himself and Stone working for Trump and about Trump's being quite serious about running for President through the 2011-2014 time period. Trump is saying that he didn't decide to run until 2015 and that if the Russians started in 2014 there could not possibly have been collusion because he had not decided to run yet.

This has the potential to be a problem for Trump's defensive timeline. As usual, we'll know what Mueller has when he decides the time has come to play that card.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As Sam Cooke crooned "Change is Gonna Come",I will remember the name Nancy Belcher. A Kentuckian Democrat just flipped a red seat blue in a district where Trump won by 49 points. Just the latest flip of many in 2017 and 2018. Doug Jones was not an anomaly. I believe in our democratic system (well without the gerrymandering) and believe our voters will say enough is enough. I will also remember the brave Parkland student survivors of 2017 making a call to action and to vote.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You do realize that some dogs prefer to be outside at least part of the time, right? This is especially true if they are in a yard with some space. Perhaps it is only an hour or two out of the day, just letting them out a few times to let them run around and do their business, and the dog is inside the rest of the time.

Damn those people for letting their dogs be happy!

4. Neutral Corner

I believe totally that there will be a significant shift in both the number of women running for office and the number of women, including suburban women, voting against Trump/the R's. I'm betting that the minority vote will also be pretty active. Between blacks and latinos, Florida could shift... and throw in the Puerto Ricans who have moved to Florida post-hurricane. I doubt many of them will be voting Republican either.

Deborah Wesson Gibson, the woman I'm acquainted with who was one of the Roy Moore accusers, is planning to file today to run for the Florida legislature, for instance.

Change election looks like a sure thing. The question is whether it will actually be the "Blue Wave" being talked up or not. The Democrats still have to get their issues and positions into better order if they want to take power in the House.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not to be too cynical, but she was running against the widow of the Family Values incumbent who killed himself after allegations were made that he molested a 17-year-old girl. I would hope that it would have been a blowout, but you never know.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I had a malamute that I believe would've murdered me in my sleep if I hadn't let it be outside (and dig up everything I dared plant in my front flower bed, which he interpreted as an act of war on his sovereign yard) at least three hours a day. He would look at me with ice cold Alaskan assassin eyes when I opened the door to let it in when it was 5 degrees and 5 a.m., like, "Just what the hell do you think you're doing, dude?"

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Linda Belcher and she previously held the seat until 2016, when she lost by 160 votes. 'All politics is local' appears to be the lesson here.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm curious about how the primaries will shake out for both parties. I don't sense a great loyalty to a lot of D incumbents, or party favorites for that matter.
    Insurgents jolt Illinois governor's race

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.