1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The children really are angry.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Dan, the point of that post and the one above it was that it was a Russian troll account. Note that the "Laguna Beach Antifa" poster is located in Krasnoyarsk, Russia.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I'm sure he's famous to the younger set, but who the hell is "Ken Tremendous"?

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Brother of Steve Fabulous?

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I missed. I still think antifa are worthless.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He's Mike Schur, creator of Parks and Rec and The Good Place who wrote under Ken Tremendous when he had the blog Fire Joe Morgan. I am surprised that the NRA couldn't find a TV clip of a a good gun person uttering the words "Thank You" (not really).

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

A Florida woman who ran a Donald J. Trump supporters page that unwittingly promoted a Russian-coordinated event on Facebook says she doesn’t believe that she was influenced by Kremlin-linked trolls.

Florine Gruen Goldfarb runs the Team Trump Broward County Facebook page, which posted numerous times about events that were promoted and encouraged by the Russians. Speaking to CNN on Sunday, she said she didn't believe she was influenced by the Russians and said she thought that Friday's indictment was a ploy to distract from the FBI's mishandling of tip-offs it had received about the Parkland, Florida school shooter.

Goldfarb's comments echo a strain of thought on parts of the right that has extended up to the president himself. President Trump tweeted on Saturday night, "Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud!"

One reason Goldfarb was skeptical about the claim of Russian involvement goes back to the Russians' tactics: They were not faking rallies or supporters, but trying to prompt real Americans who already backed a cause to turn out in support of it. Goldfarb attended the Fort Lauderdale "Florida Goes Trump" event. She told CNN that she knew all of the people there, "they were at my meetings. They're all Trump supporters."

"I don't go with Russians, c'mon, give me a break," she said.

The unwitting: The Trump supporters used by Russia

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

A friend of mine, somebody I know in real life, not just social media, shared a video that suggested that one of the kids was a crisis actor. I didn't watch the video. I don't have to. Every single bit of it is false and I don't need to watch it to know that.

Here is how he justifies it

"I passed along a post someone sent me and I don't have the wherewithal or want to spend the time to try and verify if there's any or all the truth in this. I honestly believe people in the media and devout followers (of whatever) would deceive Mother Mary if they could . This was a terrible event but I'm not naïve of the mainstream media and different political groups and there backers. And I hope when you pointed that finger it was accurate. I will not be surprised if he was just one of the students or if he was an actor or coached on what to say."

Me: A week ago, somebody was trying to kill him and killed some of his classmates. You don't ever, ever accuse him of being a liar or a crisis actor or whatever. I don't care what videos you've seen. A decent human being doesn't share crap like that. I'm not going to tolerate people libeling people. This is not something about which reasonable people can disagree. What you are doing is wrong. Period. Stop.

Him: Good for you so If I'm guilty of passing on a post from Facebook that you took the time and effort to verify as a fake I applaud you, It seemed real to me You should just unfacebook me and preserve your space in facebook land uncluttered from deplorable's such as myself and allow yourself to homogenize with the like minded .

Me: Believe me, it doesn't take much time to verify it's fake. It's fake. There's no question about it. You seem like a good guy. I get along fine with you in person. I just do not understand how you cannot see this as anything other than insulting to the victims.

Him I like you too but I'm not sorry I passed it on, I'm sorry if it's wrong and I don't believe you can get the truth from media sources but that's just me, like the girl who claimed she was raped

Me: There's no if. It's wrong.

Him: Most reports say he's 19 some say he's 17 if he's 19 it means he stayed back seemed pretty at ease for someone just cheated death. A quick look and I don't know let the story settle a bit.

Me: I don't care if he's doing cartwheels you don't ever attack these kids.

Him: If he is indeed misrepresenting himself ( sometimes a girl screams rape and there was none ) I'm glad I passed it on. If it's true maybe Facebook will give him a donation for college for being the venue and Survive our Collapse video can be fined for creating lies and then all who passed it on good sign an electronic signature with an apology I'll sign it.

Me: There is no if! He is not a crisis actor.

Is that what conservatives call logic?

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan is British?

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.