1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You don't know. I don't know. But continue your crusade against #FakeNews, boo.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Many anti-Trump Americans do seem to be going insane.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

No wonder. Your president is a fucking goof. I'd be mortified.

tapintoamerica and TowelWaver like this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

A perfect time for reasoned opposition. Alas ...

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He's a fucking goof, yes, but the hysterics have gotten tiresome. Both statements are true.

QYFW likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. It was FakeNews. A reporter who cared, could have easily learned where the governor was... from news reports.

2. There's no way the Governor's office told anyone he was "too busy" when he was out of town, attending a funeral. Their job isn't to make him look bad. And, if they had said that, it would have been reported, with an actual quote, from some news organization.

iii. He ended the day... meeting with these very students, so let's not try to give the impression that he was ducking them.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I need to study and think through the law a little more thoroughly, but the idea that we are going to background check for mental illness is difficult for me to get my head around. These are people's private medical records. I suppose life insurance conditions purchase in that manner, but that's the choice of a private business.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I dunno, man. His response to school shootings, after requiring a written reminder to empathize with the bereaved in his presence, was to talk about arming teachers. I think hysterics is probably the right reaction.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Is your privacy more important than children's lives?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Though some here will probably be very surprised to hear this, my privacy would not be at issue. Nothing to find. :)

QYFW likes this.
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

These sentiments are always expressed by people who assume they are immune from the negative consequences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.