1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What other reason do the “elites” have to move for gun regulations? What reason independent of safety is there?

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Reagan was a terrible monster.

Anyway, his party is not those things. A temporarily influential segment of it is.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

"Temporarily" in the galactic sense, sure. The GOP has been leaning lunatic for decades.

4. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I watched the entire thing last night, it was a tough watch on a lot of levels. I was annoyed at the hostility and some of the behavior, but I feel incredibly guilty for feeling that way. I can't fathom what these folks have gone through, and I think they are entitled to vent. But if they want to become activists I fear they're running the risk of over-playing their hands.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Just trying to catch up, I guess.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    They may still have a little more wiggle room before they overplay their hands.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

From today's Daily 202, the Washington Post ~

-- Top Democrats are urging Congress to give the FBI $300 million to fight foreign election interference in this year’s midterms. Ed O’Keefe reports: “The letter being sent Wednesday by [Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer] and top Democrats on the House and Senate appropriations committees calls on Republicans to provide the funding as part of ‘a robust and urgent response’ to the Russian government’s attempts to interfere in American elections."

“The figure sought by Democrats was requested in consultation with FBI leadership … One of the senior aides called the issue ‘a sense of urgency’ that has been especially neglected by House Republicans, who have yet to hold hearings on potential election interference.”

----------------------------

-- The Pentagon is looking at options to move national security adviser H.R. McMaster back into the military. CNN’s Barbara Starr, Zachary Cohen, Elise Labott, Kaitlan Collins and Jamie Gangel report: “A search is quietly being conducted by the Pentagon to see if there is a four-star military job suited for McMaster, [six defense and administration] officials said. … While administration officials have privately said the preference is to move McMaster into a position within the Army or Defense Department that qualifies as a promotion, some within the Pentagon feel he has become politicized in the White House and have expressed reservations about him returning to the military in a prominent role. Some defense officials caution that the President could also go as far as not to offer him a fourth star and force him to retire.”

-----------------------------

-- Trump’s longtime former bodyguard and ex-White House aide Keith Schiller is getting paid $15,000 a month by the RNC. CNBC’s Christina Wilkie reports: “Within weeks of leaving his job as director of Oval Office operations, Schiller's private security firm, KS Global Group, began collecting $15,000 a month for ‘security services’ from the [RNC]. According to an RNC official, Schiller is being paid for security consulting on the site selection process for the 2020 Republican National Convention. Schiller's fee comes out of the RNC's convention fund, not its campaign fund."

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

With the vitriol directed at them from mainstream conservative media and many elected officials, they are attempting to be loud and rational. Which is more than we can say about talk radio and fox news

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to cut these Parkland kids a lot of slack. They're working through their PTSD in real time.

What excuse does Dana Loesch have for what she says? Or Wayne LaPierre?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

...who are, at best, temporarily influential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.