1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

BadgerBeer and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The sheriff needs to be fired. His grandstanding makes sense now.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is that enough to seize his legally acquired weapons? What’s enough to seize someone’s legally acquired firearms before they commit a crime?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Finally, some clarity.

Potsylvania meddled in the 2016 election.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yep.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

lol, It is nothing like that. At all. The only similar thing is a gun. They are locked in a cockpit with I assume, no kids. Their culprit is way more easy to identify.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

And there’s always the possibility that someone will try to bring a feral hog onto the plane as an emotional support animal.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Was wondering about something. Today, the President said that "gun-free zones" are like "ice cream" and mass shooters seek them out as targets.

Do we really know if that factors into a mass shooter's thinking at all? As best I can tell, Cruz chose this high school as a target because he had issues with the school and people in it. Somehow I doubt the presence or absence of "good guys with guns" factored into his decision. He would have attacked that school either way.
    Somehow I doubt mass shooters, who are by definition not rational people, are considering any sort of risk/reward factor when they plan their shootings.
    Maybe I'm wrong about this. Maybe more guns on the scene would keep a mass shooter from killing more people (and perhaps that's the whole idea) or maybe not, but I doubt they would deter a mass shooter from even trying.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Most mass shooters die at the scene, either by their own hand or taken out by the police/swat. I don't think they pick targets based on being "soft" so much as they go to a place they have hard feelings about or where they think they can cause a lot of damage before being taken down.

I don't know that there is much credible research on that. My gut take on it, nothing more.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You can’t take anything trump says substantively or seriously. He just says shit that he thinks will get ratings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.