1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary partisan post.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's not fair. I say the same thing, and I'm a fucking traitor. Just because I see it from the inside. :(

I swear, that's pretty much the list of Rush Limbaugh sponsors.

[/QUOTE]

Hey 16, when you pay taxes, you can have a vote on where the tax money goes. Until then, learn a damn foreign language.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I would just like to point out that God is in churches, too, and He didn't prevent kids from being sexually abused.

(Stolen from another person's FB meme.)

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Hey 16, when you pay taxes, you can have a vote on where the tax money goes. Until then, learn a damn foreign language.[/QUOTE]

Works for me. 16 year olds pay income and sales taxes.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I think my 90-year-old father took an eye test about 70 years ago. So much for the "health regulations" on driving a car.

And my wife's "driver training" was a couple of trips to an empty parking lot, where she got the feel for acceleration, braking, turning and backing up. Then it was, "OK, let's see you drive home now." Voila!

They may have to file a return, but chances are they have no income tax burden.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No doubt it is a distraction strategy, and an effective one.

It takes some actual thought to point out the holes in this sorry excuse for a plan, and that takes time and attention away from the need for better gun control legislation. Hell, even if you do allow teachers to carry, that doesn't eliminate the need for better gun control.

But there is also real concern that this idea might go somewhere. Hell, it gets more guns into more places and it could boost gun sales, so the NRA loves it. Which means the politicians they control have to love it. Nevermind that we have no clear standards for who would be able to carry. More importantly, the NRA would then fight any such standards. If a teacher has a concealed carry permit, the NRA will insist that person should be carrying that gun in school. So you will have people who aren't properly trained possibly pulling those weapons, and it may not even be an active shooter situation. You have insurance liability issues. You have the added danger of innocent children being killed by a misused weapon. You have the threat of students knowing the teacher is carrying and getting his or her gun.

You have other unintended consequences we haven't even considered yet. Does having a concealed carry permit or training in using weapons become part of the hiring process for teachers? Are we going to find one more way to make that process more difficult and less focused on finding teachers with the skills to help our children learn?

It's a deliberate and somewhat dangerous distraction all meant to cover the asses of the NRA and the politicians it controls.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ivanka and SHYFS on the ground in South Korea for closing ceremony.

Just gonna leave that there for someone like a hanging curve.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Weak on Russia:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.