1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Do we have any in Palin's back yard?

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

BTE, try this on ...

We now know that Trump’s son, son-in-law, and campaign manager tried to work with Russian operatives to win the election for Trump. We also know that Russia conducted a large-scale and successful cyber-espionage effort in favor of Trump (Last week, Special Counsel Robert Mueller indicted 13 Russians in connection to the effort). What we don't know is exactly what Putin sought to get out of the deal. Here's a plausible quid-pro-quo.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"I'm tough on Russia, right Vlad? Right?"
    "Da."

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is every fucking post here now just a parsing of letters and syllables?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Henceforth, the term "Russian aggression" is just fucking banned from the English lexicon.

Dammit, the affectionate name would be Volodya, Volodka, Volodyenka or Vova.
    Not "Vlad".

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

LOL.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump and the Aussie PM in matching dark suits, white shirts and red ties. What is this, my dentist's office?

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think one of the difficulties here is the very peculiar American definition of freedom. It's so heavily weighted toward individual freedom versus collective freedom.

For instance, as a Canadian, I do not have the freedom to walk around with an AR-15.

In exchange, I have the freedom to go to a concert or movie without worrying whether someone else is going to show up with AR-15.

That sort of thinking goes on and on. I pay more taxes than an American. I also don't have to worry about health insurance and I graduated from university without debt.

Those seem to me to be totally reasonable trades to make. That's what they are: trades.

I just have to learn to accept that Americans will always put the individual ahead of the group. It's just a fundamentally different way of thinking.

Human_Paraquat likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

BadgerBeer and SnarkShark like this.
  12. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Doesn't this mean any school shooter who attacks a building which he/she knows includes armed teachers must be considered valiant?

As if rational thought plays any role in why someone sprays live rounds into a game of duck duck goose.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.