1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yup. How friggin' stupid was it to lie to Mueller during your "Queen For A Day" period? I don't know if he thought there was a pardon in the works, or he didn't know what they knew or what, but that's an incredibly stupid move. It's even more dumb when you consider that a primary reason he's flipping is that he does not have access to liquid funds to pay his lawyers.

I'm betting Mueller has locked up every dollar that Manafort and Gates had stashed, the ones he knows about... and it looks like he knows plenty.

2. Neutral Corner

Coming back to high school and guns, I wonder what the teenage suicide numbers look like in comparison to the mass shooting deaths.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are way more. Just like there are way more gangland killings. But preventing further mass shootings in public spaces should nonetheless be prioritized right now, and that's OK.

4. Neutral Corner

Smallpotatoes and Dick Whitman like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Oh, agreed. It's just another factor, deaths which might be prevented if there were fewer guns around. There is not *quite* a gun for every man, woman, and child in the U.S., but there are two hundred and fifty million or so. That's going to be a huge factor going forward with any gun legislation.

6. Neutral Corner

Mmmhmmm. Sure.

Is it Russia's Deep State that just deployed their brand new SU-57s in Syria?

7. Neutral Corner

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I really don't want to criticize it because my god it's better than nothing, but talk about fighting the most immediate last war and ignoring the larger trends.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The most startling thing in that story, apart from the fact that there are more guns than people in the US, is that nine million Americans own 130 million guns between them. That's a lot of home arsenals.

I love you guys, but you're fucking crazy.

12. Neutral Corner

Gee, I'm so surprised that Rohrabacher's name came up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.