1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

When you cherry pick stuff like this, someone eventually will be close enough to it to call you on your bullshit. Funny, because most long-timers in these parts probably remember me as a Fenian-fightin' nut job. Well, living amongst the nuts opened my eyes a bit and the ol' Bastard would probably be proud of me now.

I lived in Rittman for a spell. Nice little town, very good people, most of whom would think YankeeFan was liberal. So the fact that a whopping 12 people or so (those in line were not all teachers) showed up is no surprise. And while YF seems to think this is a done deal in Ohio, it's not. It's still a board decision, district by district. And even in little 'ol right-wing Rittman the board is 5-0 opposed to armed teachers, based on polling; it has not and likely will never come up for a vote.

Let's talk about arming teachers, though. YF, you have kids. Someday they'll be in school, if they aren't yet. The fact you still think a building full of loaded weapons is a good idea offers a wide-open window into your willful ignorance. I am 18 months from sending the Heir to kindergarten. If there are any guns near that school, we will homeschool him. And I think homeschooling is even more batshit crazy than, well, pretty much anything.

Meanwhile, your great example of Rittman is a school district that has maybe 1,000 kids in it, K-12. The school buildings are tiny, all on one floor, a far cry from the shooting gallery in Florida, where a shooter could and did blend in with the masses. Twelve potentially-armed teachers (even though it wasn't all teachers) in Rittman translates into, what, a couple hundred in a school like the one in Florida? Yeah, nothing could possibly go wrong there.

The right side in this country, a side toward which I leaned not all that long ago, has lost its collective mind. Luckily, there will be more elections and sanity will hopefully prevail.

Now, where's that delete button ...

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe they’ll admit that Clarence Thomas was nominated as a joke. Just a big fuck you to the liberals. Justice Tom

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

BadgerBeer and garrow like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The most unexpected thing I ever read about Thomas is that he and his wife spend weeks on the road in an RV every year following the NASCAR circuit.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Nowhere near enough vitriol for Fenian to be proud of.

SpeedTchr and YankeeFan like this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

OK, everybody, clam up.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't know how this didn't happen sooner, but I'm glad it's happening now.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

What am i missing? Why is this not wise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.