1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I’ve never seen anyone around here promote Cowboy Troy.

I did, however, see one of the conservatives I follow refer to Isreal as the Left’s David Clarke. I don’t think he’s held in any esteem by thoughtful people.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Feinstein's had a good run. But for goodness sakes the Dems need some new blood. It's really bad optics when a party that talks about the future is led nationally by people in their 70s and older. She'll still probably win though. The top two primary means if she advances to the general, she'll get all the GOP votes.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

By the same token, McConnell and Grassley oughta join Hatch and get the fuck out of Congress, too.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

It would be great if both the GOP and Dem presidential nominees in 2020 were born after Harry Truman's presidency.

Inky_Wretch and QYFW like this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Would any of the pre shooting information have been sufficient for the government to seize legally possessed firearms by an American citizen?

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You'll really love this guy now, 'yab.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Guiliani thinks the guy is Vice President of the ACLU

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Wonder what that 2008-12 resume gap means. Might be nothing.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

From Trump's CPAC speech:

"Look, you had one guard, he didn’t turn out to be too good, I will tell you that. He turned out to be not good. He was not a credit to law enforcement that I can tell you. That I can tell you. But as I have been talking about this idea, and I feel it is a great idea, but some people that are good people are opposed to it, don’t like the idea of teachers doing it, I’m not talking about teachers."

"We’re renegotiating trade deals that are so bad, whether it is NAFTA, or whether it is world trade organizations, which created China, created — you look at China, it was going along like this, we opened stupidly this deal."

"So this is called — this is called the snake. And think of it in terms of immigration and you may love it or you may say isn’t that terrible? Okay. If you say isn’t that terrible, who cares. Because the way they treat me, that’s peanuts compared to the way they treat me. Okay. Immigration. "

Trump’s full CPAC speech must be read to be believed

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This guy should stop talking.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If conservatives throw themselves into their bullshit gun protection ju jitsu so hard that they accidentally acknowledge that law enforcement is garbage, I would be ok with that.

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.