1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There is a provision in federal law -- and has been since the Clinton administration -- providing for the death penalty for trafficking very large amounts of drugs and other crimes (such as murder) commonly associated with it.
    It's rarely used, most likely because of the difficulty of actually catching and prosecuting bonafide kingpins, but it is on the books.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Here ya go, BR:

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I just watched the episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Barack Obama.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how law enforcement handles complaints about gun owners going forward. County sheriffs tend to be on the conservative side, but they're also elected.
    Having the NRA and others criticize the sheriff and his deputies for inaction is more likely to lead to a more pro-active approach on guns. Which isn't something the NRA has traditionally favored.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I followed the links but none of them provided any answers. Short of having the shooter committed against his will or convicted of a violent crime I don’t think he could have had his weapons seized prior to the massacre.

If I called police and told them that you were walking around town mumbling that you were going to teach those damned kids a lesson, could they legally and permanently seize your firearms?
    Cold. Dead. Hands. 2nd Amendment.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I find it amazing that the same people who think that taking assault rifles off the shelves won't stop shootings because people will find a way around the law also think that building a wall will end illegal immigration.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Link?

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

What? You don’t want a senator who will be 90 in her final year in office? And then will probably want to run for re-election.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Yes, because many of the mass shootings (not counting Chicago) we’ve had were done with illegal weapons.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I guess it was too much to hope for Roy Moore to vanish like a fart in the wind. Maybe he can take Courtland Sykes with him.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Um...

There’s never been a Native American woman elected to federal office — yet these two are seeking to change that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.