1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

SNL needs to steal the "Obama's Anger Translator" bit and recast it with Sarah Huckabee Sanders as "Trump's English Translator". Have Alec Baldwin enter and read out two or three of his real tweets where he says something stupid or offensive, then have SHS come out in the presser and do the "It was plainly a joke. Don't you guys have a sense of humor?", then cap it with Trump's "I'd have gone in even if I was unarmed" and Sarah saying that really meant that he'd provide leadership from the parking lot.

Baldwin would just kill it.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hardly!

Eclairs are usually half-black. Ain't no black in Trump.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

A very fine eclair.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, you think all semi-automatic rifles should be barred from sale to the public, right?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary post.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

nope, I get it, but no.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you're too broken at this point to answer a question honestly, but here goes: When your daughter trundles off to JK, in a classroom filled with other four-year-olds, would you really want her teacher, even if he or she were well trained, to have a gun on them?

Don't parse this or whatabout this. It's a yes or no question. Would you feel okay about your daughter's JK teacher having a gun on him or her in the classroom?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump would rush into a school unarmed against an AR-15? Sure. Remember, he wouldn't even protect his wife and son from the rain.
    [​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

I’m not trying to be a pain, but I thought you had said that.

What specifically are you looking to pull from the market? Just AR-15s? There are other weapons that can do similar damage.

11. YankeeFan

Do I want? No.

Honestly, while these events are horrific, and are incredibly damaging to the communities where they occur, they are still incredibly rare in the greater scheme of things.

We’ve also not seen them in big, urban cities.

But, would I be uncomfortable with a qualified person, carrying a weapon in a school she attended? No, I don’t think I would be.

Look, cops can go entire careers without unholstering their guns. I would guess this would be true of 99.9% teachers. We’re talking about concealed carry.

It would only ever be appropriate for a weapon to be drawn after run, and hide were exhausted, and we were down to “fight”.

In that situation, a teacher with a gun wouldn’t be a bad thing.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If you are truly looking to do gun control for public safety purposes while still leaving useful options for hunters and target shooters, you'd really need to limit semi-automatic rifles to a five to eight round magazine. Pistols to maybe ten, twelve rounds. As things stand, an AR (or the various similar main battle rifle clones) typically hold twenty to thirty rounds, with available high capacity mags that hold up to a hundred.

If you're hunting and you've missed three times, 99 out of 100 times your target has disappeared into the tall timber by then.

franticscribe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.