1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Not like those spots are important or anything.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can imagine his crowd might be a bit leery of a posting in Turkey, South Korea, Egypt, Jordan, South Africa, Qatar, Cuba, Syria and Venezuela.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Any detachable magazine rules out a lot of basic hunting rifles, right?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be easier to just ban ammo for the various rifles since there are fewer types of ammo?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's not what it said. It said detachable magazines which hold more than ten rounds.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

Hey, we can’t ban newspapers, why don’t we just ban newsprint!

Can’t ban abortion, we’ll just ban the medical devices necessary to perform them.

8. Neutral Corner

There are scads of various calibers and loads of ammo. There are maybe thirty if you just talk about the most popular, but there are hundreds of variants.

9. YankeeFan

Read it again.

10. Neutral Corner

Piffle. The entire point of a ban on semi-autos is that they can fire as many rounds as the magazine holds as fast as you pull the trigger.

11. Neutral Corner

Yeah, I see it. I doubt that gets out of committee. That would outright ban virtually every modern semi-auto rifle. There are a few with an internal magazine fed by stripper clips or something, notably the M1 Garand, but I don't see any way in hell that passes. I understand the point - if you limit say ARs to a ten round mag, people can just keep or buy on the black market thirty round mags (or whatever) and use them when they choose. As written it would make AR's functionally illegal from now on.

I think that they'd be better off to make possession of such magazines illegal federally, with a mandatory twenty year sentence for each in the possession of the owner. There are millions of them out there though, and lots are made of plastic. They'll be buried in backyards all over.

12. YankeeFan

Why do Blacks and Latinos get locked up at such higher percentages, even under a progressive democrat mayor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.