1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What sound does a baby make when it is ripped apart in an abortion?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

By definition, a baby cannot be aborted

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

According to the Chicago Manual of Style, the preferred form in American English is toward without the -s, while the preferred British English form is towards with the -s. This general rule works with other directional words, including forward, backward, upward, and downward, along with afterward.

Word Fact: Toward vs. Towards - Everything After Z by Dictionary.com

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

A goy.

YankeeFan and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. SnarkShark

Frontline did a fantastic piece recently on the power struggle between Iran and Saudi in the region. I believe part two airs soon. I suggest everybody watch it, because I thought I was pretty well informed on the topic and I learned a lot.

6. SnarkShark

Yes... and...?

7. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

No, hunting rifles tend to have a fixed magazine that holds 6 to 8 rounds. Some are more powerful than military style weapons because an elk, moose, bear, bison or feral hog is harder to bring down than a human. The recoil is harsh as is the muzzle flash. The sound is ear ringing without ear protection.

Military style semi-automatic rifles shoot high velocity, small bullet rounds that have been specifically designed to kill the most people with the least discomfort to the shooter.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know that, and I've heard of various cases involving Reps. running for adjacent districts, always figured it was a temporary situation, and required remedy at some point.
    And there are more than a few Senators who barely live in the state they represent as well.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Yes. He oversaw campaign air travel operations in 2016 when Pence’s plane skidded off the runway at LGA and when they tried to hire a multiple felon as a pilot. Did a bang-up job there. Should be able to handle the nation’s air travel no problem.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If coal is good enough for America, it should be good enough for Saudi Arabia!

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

And how low the African American unemployment rate is.

Webster likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It rules out most semi-autos, because a detachable box magazine is typical with those. Slide actions (pump) and lever actions would not be affected much. Bolt actions, some of those have internal magazines and some have a detachable mag. To my mind, the semi-autos should be the prime targets of legislation. The large magazines and high rate of aimed fire make them much more deadly in a firefight. That's the reason that they are the military weapon of choice.

Semi auto fire with one of these is the preferred approach of the military. Full auto consumes ammo insanely fast and it is difficult to stay on target. Single shot or three round burst settings are far more effective. Full auto is useful for area fire, cover fire, but you are far less likely to hit your target than with aimed single shots.

Someone above said that the lighter calibers were preferred due to lighter recoil, which is sorta true - although 7.62 or 30-06 is not that harsh. Probably the single biggest factor in dropping from 7.62 NATO to .223 was weight. Infantry soldiers can carry more rounds of per pound of .223 than 7.62. When they're walking around with 100+ pounds of gear on that's a very important factor.

Just the facts ma am likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.