1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Indeed, people can protect themselves with AR-15s. (And a machine gun. And a rocket launcher. And, theoretically, a nuclear bomb.)

More frequently, they use them for mass slaughter of strangers going about their day.

An Indy car could get me to Target faster. That alone does not justify the street legality of an Indy car.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

But it might in the future?

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

You could be considered a dealer and required to have a license.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe the 82nd Airborne is on the same side as Bubba's Redneck Swamp Brigade.

6. YankeeFan

Yeah. And, in some situations, like when there is rioting and looting, only something like an AR-15 will be enough of a deterrent to protect life and property.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Trump Administration's appetite for destruction of norms proved too much.

8. YankeeFan

Sure. If you meet the criteria required to register as a dealer.

9. Dick Whitman

You have no basis for that assertion. You just want AR-15s to be legal because liberals don't.

SnarkShark likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

I still want to plumb this notion that liberals aren't trying to make the world safer, they just want to "ban guns" because they don't like ... hunters, I guess?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Of the four firearms in that photo, two are shotguns. One being carried by the guy in the middle might be an AR-style weapon, but I can't tell. And the one to the far right of the frame looks similar to a Browning semi-auto with an internal magazine which would not be affected by the AWB.

12. Dick Whitman

Sounds like the right might need to hire an @Inky_Wretch type, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.