1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'll help you out...

You think I only want AR-15s to be legal, because liberals don't want them to be legal.

But, you don't think there's anyone on the opposite end of the spectrum who wants to ban them, simply because rednecks in flyover country love them?

I mean, sure, they would spout the right lines. It's about saving lives, etc. But, they have total disdain for the rural lifestyle, including the clinging to guns and religion.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary post.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Haha.

I know. It's the best picture of it's kind that I could find, and I can't tell either what gun the one guy has either.

Of course, there are five of them, protecting one property. With better weaponry, they could have taken shifts, or protected additional property.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

What's the greater sin? Banning guns for the wrong reasons, or keeping guns for the wrong reasons?

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

With an Apache Attack helicopter, they could have saved the whole block. It's just too bad the damn liberals hate farmers.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

None. As for fetuses, nearly half of those aborted under 10 weeks are done by pill, which is just a heavy period, so there's no ripping and tearing.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The greatest sin is preventing people from protecting themselves. Self-defense/preservation is kind of an important element of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

8. Dick Whitman

It's a silly distraction anyway. People want to regulate guns more stringently because they want less gun violence, not because it's some way for them to stick it to fishermen in rural Idaho that has fortuitously presented itself.

Plus, as always: Who gives a good goddamn? Either the policies work or they don't. Conjuring motives for so-called liberals is just an ad hominem attempt at distraction.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Bad, specious argument. Nobody is protecting themselves with AR-15s. Guns like that make American society more dangerous, not less.

TyWebb likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

I want to protect myself by halting the manufacture and sale of AR-15s.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Oh, for fuck’s sake.

I want to respond more thoroughly than time permits, but quickly:

The “rural lifestyle” doesn’t have anything to do with this. It’s a good and noble lifestyle that works for the vast majority of people who live it, and who are the feds to mess with what works for them, right?

On the other hand, there are very specific archetypes and very specific brain malfunctions - and very specific EQUIPMENT - that are most often involved in mass shootings.

One has very little to do with the other, aside from the fact that dumbasses on either side use both to whatabout everyone with a different take.

12. Dick Whitman

It's total nonsense. I can't believe he's trying to pass it off here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.