1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

People like @YankeeFan put their weird need to tweak liberals ahead of the lives of children, and that's something they have to own.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

YF, how familiar are you with the rural lifestyle?

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I have no issue with greater restrictions on heavier weapons (I’ll leave the lingo for the experts), but I responded to a post about banning guns. I don’t know guns and as far as I know I don’t need one, but rights aren’t just about me. As I’ve said before, I’d be a selfish asshole if I expected others to be forced to live the way I can/do.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Good grief. Aside from the stupidity of his other comments, the NRA is against banning bump stocks.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No serious person - or, better stated, no person who wishes to be taken seriously - wants to ban all guns.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, let's focus on policies that work, and also retain the rights of responsible, law abiding gun owners.

I'd bet we could find areas of agreement.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Oh, stop it. You’re better than that. If it was up to you, you’d strip a fundamental right away from the citizens of a country you don’t even live in. How humane is that?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Do you really believe that all, a majority, or any significant number of pro-gun control people are really just against the "rural lifestyle"?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think they aren't educated at all on the issue, and find guns, and the folks who "cling" to them disgusting.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's not a fundamental right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.