1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's it. If it was Obama's problem, let's bring him back on to fix it.

heyabbott and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  2. HanSenSE

Year Nine and counting since we first heard Obama was going to take their guns away.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. What I should do, by the grace of god, I will do." ~ Edward Everett Hale

He was forced into the situation, a crucible, and he came out of it with resolve to do everything he could to see that it didn't happen again to someone else. He made the choice to throw himself into that fight, whatever it took. I have so much respect for these kids. They may not be perfect, they may not get everything right, but they are fighting for what they believe in. They'll get better, more knowledgeable, more polished. The passion and determination, that they already have. I pray that they retain it in the face of adults and social media trying to beat it out of them.

HC, Slacker and heyabbott like this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What about survivors from that school who don't agree with him? How much respect do you have for them?

5. HanSenSE

Can't we at least agree that the proper way to burn a couch is not something to be learned on the street?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Rick Wilson is having a little fun. You really ought to read it, because he verbally clubs Jared like a baby seal, grinning madly all the while. This is truly epic spleen venting.

"It’s even harder when you’re a corrupt, entitled snake who repeatedly lies about your finances to federal investigators and serves as a living, breathing poster child for privileged venality."

"Kushner is a man who needs a billion dollars fast, and is willing to cast shame on the winds to get there. The stench of his venality and desperation hangs around him like stripper perfume, cloying and obvious. Jared all but hiked up his sassy pink petticoats while whistling, “Hey, sailor!” to the Chinese, Israeli, Arab, and Russian investors he begged to invest in his failing 666 5th Avenue white elephant."

The Deep State Takes Out the White House’s Dark Clown Prince

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Double Down and Slacker like this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Being a racist keeps moving down on the growing list of things that make you awful.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Y'all post that shit even when I post something I've never posted before.

The bit about a joke going over somebody else's head isn't even mine, but it certainly applied to Dickie in this case.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This really is Trump in a nutshell. He had very little to do with the economic recovery. (Hi, remember 2008?).

But when things are going well, he slaps his name on it in fake gold and claims credit for doing the whole job. Once a con man, always a con man.

Must be nice to inherit a strong economy. Democrats in the last 30 years never have.

It’ll be really enjoyable to see his party wiped out in November despite a strong economy.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No surprise.

lakefront likes this.
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I have respect for them ... and compassion, too. Because they are stupid as fuck. :cool:

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine a human that actually cares about your opinion on anything. But by all means keep entertaining us with your attempts to participate in s meaningful discussion. It’s like watching a gopher trying to do algebra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.