1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This time it's for real, say(s) Dick's.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And calling for legislation as well.

Will honestly be interesting to follow. Does this turn off their core customer?

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No.

Love,

Dick Whitman, core customer

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No "criticism" from me. However . . . .

I was VERY interested in what the kids had to say when they were WITNESSES TO A MASS SHOOTING because they had knowledge and perspective that few others had. "What did you see?" "What did you hear?" "Where were you in relation to the shooting?" Etc.

I was VERY interested in what the kids had to say when they were asked about the shooter. "Did you know Nikolas Cruz?" "Had you heard of him?" "What can you tell me about him?"

Beyond that --- beyond the actual facts relating to the shooting --- there is nothing they can offer me that has any more knowledge or insight than any other kid in any other high school. As I stated days ago, being the survivor of a mass shooting gives you no more authority regarding firearm laws than being a survivor of a train crash/derailment gives you authority regarding train safety logistics. You were a victim of unlucky geography (wrong place, wrong time), and nothing more.

David Hogg's opinion of Gov. Rick Scott? Meaningless, IMO.

Said Emma Gonzalez: “The people in the government who are voted into power are lying to us. And us kids seem to be the only ones who notice."

Yeah, nobody else notices when the government lies. Give me a break.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Seconded.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I appreciate the effort, but this is just a polite version of, “Kids are stoopid.”

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Is anyone here boycotting Florida? BTE, I assume you’re moving. If you care about the children.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with them being "kids."

Everything I posted would apply to survivors of a mass shooting at a retirement community, as well.

I care what you say when you have special knowledge about something I'm trying to learn about.

I moved away from Florida 6 and a half years ago. Not even going to my favorite tennis tournament there in March (one I went to every year from 1994-2016). Not really "boycotting" anything . . . but after buying that piano for our anniversary in December, I can't justify dropping $1,000 to watch 3-4 days of tennis. :(

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I will say this, any time I've been in Dick's, I've never seen anyone near the guns section. I'm guessing they're not alienating many. Would be interesting, however, if Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's went the same route...

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Dick's hunting and fishing subsidiary are the Field and Stream stores.

I agree that the bigger chains, Cabela's, et al, would cause a much greater commotion.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Or WalMart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.