1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Those kids became Baby Boomers.

The Hogg kid lost me when he defended the SRO who did nothing while the shooter was killing his classmates. That statement was indeed “stupid,” and illustrated his motives were less than altruistic.

Then the suggestion to boycott Florida for Spring Break. Typical liberal punishment that would only hurt a lot of good people.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I care more about what a Parkland student has to say about assault rifles than I do about your opinion of them, but I’ll still come to SJ a few times a day even though I may have your opinion of their opinions inflicted upon me. Such is modern life.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They may not have . . . yet. It's just a risk that's out there, depending on how long they remain in the public eye. As I said, we love to put people on pedestals, only to knock them off.

During Hurricane Andrew in 1992, there was a beloved meteorologist (Bryan Norcross) in South Florida who was praised for helping guide everyone through the storm. Weeks later, during all the cleanup, he was still on the teevee far more than your average weather guy. And calls of, "When will this guy just go away?" were reverberating. It's the natural order of things, to a degree.

The natural follow-up to Hogg's suggestion --- not yet asked, to my knowledge --- is this:

"So David, have you researched other states' gun laws so that you can make a sound recommendation on where people might go instead of Florida? Because, you see, they might decide to boycott Florida and wind up going to an even MORE gun-friendly place."

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

If I or someone I loved was hurt/killed in a train crash that came about because of unsafe conditions or lack of infrastructure spending you can bet your life I would be an activist. YOU might not like what I had to say but I would be shouting from the roof tops that shit needs to change. I think I could sleep well knowing that YOU are tired of my voice.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Why wait for someone you love to be hurt/killed? Become an activist NOW, before it's loo late.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It is somewhat humorous to me that conservatives are dismissing the kid activists as know-nothings without special insight. The party that reflexively asks, “What if it was your wife?” and thinks it is the ultimate death penalty debate checkmate.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You’re gonna have to break down all the imaginary stuff you’re responding to here.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

www.visitfloridablog.org/?p=15486

Newly released figures from the Florida Department of Revenue report that visitors spent $89.1 billion in 2015, an increase of $7.1 billion from the previous year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.