1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"You used term X. X is incredibly vague, because language is infinitely imprecise, but I've decided that you must have meant definition Y. Definition Y includes behavior that would not fit what you attributed to X. Therefore you were wrong."

Dumbass lawyer games. If the behavior doesn't fit, assume that I wasn't including it.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

100%.

The networks have been putting these kids on because they can get the preferred message out, and they are inoculated against any criticism.

If you disagree, even with the policy position, let alone the way they've made their arguments, folks like @Smallpotatoes will criticize you for attacking kids, who survived a massacre.

3. RickStain

God yes. More of this please. Keep it coming.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

In the middle of the Bible Belt (which around here also has a big holster because a gun small enough to conceal just isn’t worth carrying), it will be interesting to see how the Dick’s restrictions play out. Bass Pro and Cabelas, now co-owned, are obvious choices for gun-leaning shoppers for outdoor stuff. But, for general spots shopping, Academy is a more direct competitor. My wife already avoids Academy due to their emphasis on guns.

5. YankeeFan

I get that you think you're the smartest guy in the room. (And, that's fine.) And, that you think my take is the one that will turn people off.

But, you're also the guy who predicted Hillary Clinton would win in a landslide, so let's not pretend like your record as a political prognosticator is so great.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This doesn't seem difficult to me. Don't use "always" and "never" if you don't mean "always" and "never." An 8-year-old knows this. It doesn't require a law degree.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Smoking bans started out in fern bars and other yuppie establishments. Now it's almost universal that you can't smoke in a restaurant, on airplanes, in airports, in stadiums, or in almost any other public place or business.

Not equating a smoking ban with making assault rifles illegal again, but every movement has to start somewhere.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

Family takes long planned trip, with their young children, to Disney World.

Parkland Kids: "you don't care about dead children!"

Explain to me how this is a winning position.

9. RickStain

I learned my lesson. The more you're annoying the other side, the better you're doing.

I think your take is correct for you. These kids are turning you off. They're turning people like you off.

That's a good thing. It's not for you. It's about rallying the base.

10. RickStain

I didn't. If I say X is always Y, and you say "what about behavior Z," then all you've proven is that I wasn't including behavior Z when I defined X.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Turn it into one by freaking everyone out and changing "It's a Small World"ride into "It's a Small World of Dead Kids" ?

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Every time you botch something by inhabiting your strident persona as the World's First and Heretofore Only Fully Formed Human Male, your response is, "Language is imprecise!"

It's your play every time. Your are infallible, see, because this is what you really meant, as language is imprecise.

It's Trumpian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.