1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I am infallible on the subject of what I meant when I said things, yes. Or as close to it as need be for practical purposes.

Since you've admitted that this isn't about the issue and rather some sort of weird personal gotcha, I'm out.

2. RickStain

Conservatives: These kids are turning people off! You can't win by turning people off!

Also conservatives: Trump won! Trump won! Trump won!

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

BINGO!

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. RickStain

Meanwhile, Democrats won two more special elections in previously Republican-held seats this week. A state house seat in New Hampshire in a district that went 54-41 Trump, and a Connecticut state house spot that had been held by Republicans for 40 years.

I won't pretend to know how well this will hold up through November. But Democrats are fired up as fuck right now.

5. Dick Whitman

@RickStain, there is no "weird personal gotcha" going on here. I could give a fuck about you. (That's not meant to be insulting. I just couldn't.)

If you don't understand why someone would think you meant this 100 percent literally:

Then you haven't been paying attention to your own posts for the last two or three years.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, I think you're dead wrong here.

The Dem base was already energized. They have been winning many of these special elections, in places where they shouldn't.

We should expect them to continue to be energized going into the 2018 midterms.

Republicans, meanwhile, suffering from their own case of Trump fatigue, weren't nearly as energized.

This campaign to demonize everyone who uses FedEx, won't throw their Alexa in the trash, and won't cancel their trip to Disney World is just the thing we need to get people out to the polls.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Precisely. I would have never bought my bike there, but I've found a few accessories (lights, helmets, racks, etc.) to my liking.

8. Dick Whitman

I am going to strongly urge Mrs. Whitman to join in this boycott. For the children.

SnarkShark and YankeeFan like this.
  9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Sounds like Dick isn't in favor of gun control after all.

10. RickStain

Republican votes for president:

2008: 59.9 million
    2012: 60.9 million
    2016: 62.9 million

Account for population growth and it's essentially flat. Republicans have always had the more reliable turnout. There is no higher gear to be had.

And even if there is, I'll risk it. There are, at the end of the day, more of us than there are of you. Your party leaders know that.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see the turnout for those who can vote for the first time in November.

12. RickStain

Also meanwhile, there's basically a 90% chance that Kushner was outright selling state secrets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.