1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Idiot trump keeps bringing up Obama in this gun meeting. Finally was told it was not that he didn't do anything the fact is he wanted to do more than they did. (still brings him up. disturbed child)
    Holy crap moment---asks what the Manchin Toomey bill has in it.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

YankeeFan declared the investigation over after reading the first indictment, so this is a nothingburger.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Second time I have seen "the great negotiator" at work. Other time was Daca? was it? The meeting they aired to show he was a stable genius. Would love to hear what others who have "negotiated" with him over the years think of the experience.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Common sense.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Today in politics: Live updates - CNNPolitics

The exchange began when Trump asked the senators what they were “doing about the 18 to 21,” referring to raising the age. The senators demurred, and one said, “whatever you want.”

Trump then said, “I think it’s something you have to think about.”

They asked him, “would you sign it?”

Trump responded, “I’ll tell you what, I’m going to give it a lot of consideration, and I’m bringing it up. People are bringing it up because they’re afraid to bring it up.”

“The NRA is opposed to it and I'm a fan of the NRA,” Trump said. "They love our country but that doesn't mean we have to agree on everything. It doesn't make sense that I have to wait till I'm 21 to get a handgun but I can get this weapon at 18.”

“We didn't address it, Mr. President,” Toomey said.

“Do you know why?” Trump asked. “You're afraid of the NRA.”

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So, it just made freqposter's list?

DanielSimpsonDay and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“When I took the broadcast job at Dalton 17 years ago, someone told me that I could stay in Dalton for five years and then move on to something else, or I could stay 30 years and be a legend,” Davidson remembers.

Oh, we're dealing with a narcissist of the highest order here.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That hurt to read.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Very. Stable. Genius.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's ineloquent, of course, but that was a pretty compelling exchange. The NRA isn't going to be happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.